Monday, September 8, 2008

I didn't even cry

Paul and I went to get our new driver's licenses today and to register our car in NY. Paul's admin was joking about notifying our next of kin when we didn't return for two weeks and our doorman asked if I had a sleeping bag and can of bean with me when I told him where I was headed. Well, let me tell you, we were finished with everything in 45 minutes! We stepped up and they said, need your application. Got it. Need your original social security card. Got it. Need your old driver's license. Got it. Need your passport. Got it. And this is where they thought they had us. Need a letter from Texas with your driving record. Got it!!! I also had taken our birth certificates and our citizenship grades from elementary school. Appreciated, but not necessary. Look at us being New Yorkers!!!

2 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

i'll believe it when i see it. you'll have to post your license pictures when you get them! glad it worked out so well!!

Megs said...

I can't believe there were no tears. More than I can say when I registered my car in Texas. What a nightmare. So happy you are home!