Monday, October 17, 2011

It's a jungle out there





I saw four new sculptures in my neighborhood today. Two elephants are at Columbus Circle, a bear is at 67th & Broadway, and I spotted Donald Trump's hair at Lincoln Center. No one will fault me for calling that piece of work on his head a sculpture. The wind was blowing about 15 mph and his hair didn't move. I think he must pay someone to "style" it for him and someone to tell him it looks good. I only caught the back of the Donald because I couldn't get my phone out of my backpack fast enough and the security guards wouldn't let anyone on the plaza while the Donald was filming his commercial. Or maybe I was stopped because I yelled out, "Hey Donald, nice rug!" Who knows?
At any rate the other sculptures are lots of fun. (see this website for more details http://www.themorrisongallery.com/woytuk_bio.htm)

1 comment:

meredith said...

You got an LOL out of me on this one. Very funny.