Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And that's a good thing


A good friend and I went to see the Martha Stewart Show. Inspired by others who had attended, we got tickets and were very excited about the possibility of coming home with a bagful of Martha treats. On the application for tickets it asked about ones interest in crafting, cooking and gardening. I have minimal interest in all of these things and said that I just wanted to see how the show was produced. That was the wrong answer. There was great care in seating everyone and it was obvious by our placement in the back corner that we hadn't impressed Martha. During the commercial breaks, a lively fellow named Jay ran through the audience handing out some of Martha's favorite things. He always ran out just before he reached our back corner. The production of the show was interesting and it was fun to see all that happens backstage to make it a successful show. If there is a next time, I may have to tell a few white lies such as "I wear my glue gun in a holster 24/7,"I only eat what I grow in my garden," "I love spending a couple of days making my own gift wrap for my homemade gift, or "I am an avid follower of the blog titled 'Oops, I craft my pants!'"

3 comments:

Megs said...

Glad it was really fun. Next time wear the wife beater and I think you will be front row for sure!!

meredith said...

Does Martha dance like Ellen?

Connie said...

Thanks for the good laugh! I'm googling that site. Hope you and Paul are great!