Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A visit to a "Pop-up" store



Target has come to Manhattan for just three days. They were previewing their partnership with Liberty of London. I had some errands to do and decided to walk by and see what all the buzz was about. Much to my surprise the line to get into the store stretched for two blocks, but it was moving fast, so I stepped in line. Once inside there were dozens of articles made with Liberty of London fabrics---pillows, purses, dresses, pajamas, umbrellas, dishes, storage bins, bikes, boots, underwear, swimsuits, comforters. Women were filling their bags like they were contestants on Super Market Sweep. It was an amazing thing to see. I walked out empty handed knowing that on Monday all these same things will be in a Target store in every neighborhood in America. Even though we have only been in the city for two years, I identified with the frenzy of being able to buy Target merchandise without having to go to New Jersey.

3 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

walking out of target empty handed. very impressive!

Megs said...

I am so glad you went. I can't wait to check it out next week. Remember how hip you are!!

meredith said...

Very hip mom. Can't wait to go check it out