Monday, October 11, 2010

Celebrating John Lennon's 70th Birthday



Paul and I decided to Come Together with hundreds of others in Strawberry Fields Forever to celebrate John's 70th birthday. You didn't even need a Ticket to Ride to play your guitar or violin or even to sing along. It was crowded and I did cry for Help a few times as we squeezed through all the people. With a little Instant Karma we were able to find a good place to stand. In My Life I have never thought that I Am the Walrus, but I do Imagine a world where we Give Peace a Chance and All You Need is Love.

3 comments:

Marilyn Abney said...

Clever, Jan! I remember well being In Strawberry Fields area of the park. Wasn't that about a year ago? Wow!

It's Been a Day! said...

Girl, you guys do so many fun things in ny it's like you hae eight days a week. You are Free as a Bird. Did dad look at you and say I want to be your man and say I want to hold your hand? Let it Be mom. Let it Be.

P.S. I Love You.

meredith said...

Very impressive mom! I tried to create my own Beatles song comment but keep getting stuck on eleanor rigby or blackbird.