Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fore!




Each time we have visitors, I try and show them all the familiar sights and then I try and add in at least one thing I have never done or seen. When my sister Ranonne and her husband came last weekend, the "something new" was hitting golf balls at the Golf Club on Pier 59. It is a multi-story structure with a net 200 yards out to keep the balls from going into the Hudson River. With my golfing abilities, no net needed. However, it was lots of fun and I did manage to hit a ball 150 yards if you count the distance it rolled.

2 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

you look like a natural tiger, i mean mom. looks so fun. a must when i come!

merathon said...

i totallly want to do this too-- it's been forever since i hit some balls! course we might have to come sometime other than the dead of winter to do it. . .