Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Seattle's Best

Megan and Matt have so many entertainment options right out their front door. The Seattle Art Museum is across the street and this fine movie theater is right next door.














Visiting the International District doesn't even require a passport. In the days before we were so politically correct, I believe we may have referred to this area as China Town.














Blake and I had a good time at the children's library, but it was hard for him to understand that we were limited to just one hour on the computer per visit.














Megs, Blake and I took the water ferry to West Seattle and not only discovered a fun beach, but a very fun bakery. Unfortunately the photo does not do justice to the cinnamon rolls. Just imagine that each one of these is the size of your head and then you get the picture. Yes, we did indulge and I would highly recommend taking them up on the offer to heat it up before you eat it.














Pike's Market was an adventure. Flying fish, flowers of all varieties, fruits and vegetables fresh from the farm and grandma's riding pigs were all part of the fun. I suppose you could say, I went hog wild in Seattle. Thanks to Matt, Megan and Blake, truly Seattle's Best, for making it such a wonderful week.

2 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

there better be some rolls coming in the mail.

looks like it was a fantastic time. I'm jealous of all the fun things there are to do. I'm also jealous that you had to wear a jacket!!

Team Covey said...

You are such a fun lady, Jan. Hats off to grandmas who are willing to get down and dirty (with the pigs, I mean, not the theater!) - christine (megan's old room mate)