Thursday, June 5, 2008

Laughter is the "breast" medicine

It has been fun getting acquainted with the different neighborhoods in the city. For example, if you live by the Flatiron building, you are in the Flatiron District. If you are east of Central Park, you would say that you live on the upper east side. Right now Paul and I are living south of the park, but east of it so we are on the east side. Our new condo will be on the Upper West Side. Other neighborhoods are Battery Park, Lower East Side, Downtown, Harlem, Chelsea, Union Square, Times Square, Hell's Kitchen, etc. I had a meeting on the Upper West Side today and decided that while I was there I would explore a little bit and see what businesses and shops would be in our new neighborhood. I was delighted to find that one business had a particularly good sense of humor. I walked past and had to back up and read the sign again because it was an imaging center and it was called Upper Breast Side Imaging Center. It somehow seemed a bit awkward to stick my head in and ask if I could take a photo so I didn't. But as I was walking along I began to wonder if for those of us with a few years on us and a few more years with gravity doing its trick if we would have to go to the Lower Breast Side Imaging Center.

4 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

this was the breast mom. thanks for a good laugh.

it reminded me of the scene in patch adams where he had to host a bunch of obgyns and so he made these legs coming out of the door so it looked like you were walking into the ladies hee-hoo, and i have been looking for it on you tube to get some of the funny lines from that part, but i can't. but it would have been funny!

Megs said...

Not to be too much on your blog, but we have a stripe joint that I pass every time we go to the market. Their signs are so interesting.

"Indiana Moans" for instance. So classy!! The usually have a new one up each week keeping me on my toes.

merathon said...

i love stripe joints, megan!

that is a classic name for an imaging center. the jokes will never stop, wlll they? i wonder how the receptionists answer the phones without laughing!

meredith said...

you are very funny mom.