Friday, May 30, 2008

It was "frick'n" good




Today I visited the Frick Museum which is housed in the mansion of Henry Clay Frick who made his fortunes in the steel industry. It is a wonderful collection of several artists and just the right size so you can enjoy it without feeling overwhelmed. A few years ago I saw a painting by Whistler and was blown away by it. Lucky for me he had several paintings in the Frick Museum and I was similarly impressed.
When your feet are weary and you need a little break, you can walk across the street to Central Park. As you can see, several people had the same idea. Paul and I have spent many hours in parks around the world and we both agree that Central Park is one of the prettiest urban parks we have found. We run in the park every morning. Okay, I lied. Paul runs in the park every morning and I walk in the park. We try and get at least four miles in each morning and on the long runs which take us around the reservoir, we clock about five miles or a little better. Every day I discover a new path to take and it leads me to a different child's playground or another statue or like last Friday, to the front door of a castle. I love it. Every day a new adventure.

4 comments:

merathon said...

we just got that package that you sent to the girls today and i wish you could have heard kendall reading that letter you wrote. the different inflections in her voice as she read about all the things you saw in the park was just priceless! tomorrow they are going to look for all the dogs in the book-- let's hope this doesn't make kendall want a dog even more. . . she was BEGGING me for a dog earlier today (before she read your letter), which was completely out of the blue! i told her i had enough animals to take care of!

meredith said...

FRICK YEAH!

Megs said...

Mere thinks she is so funny making a frick'n joke even though I totally started it. Sounds like a full day for you. I feel like I have not talked to you in forever!! Love you.

It's Been a Day! said...

what the frick. look at you being such a native.