Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Where everybody knows your name

I cried three times today. Once when I went into the temple and two people recognized me. Once when the guy at the post office handed me my package and said, "it's nice to see you, jan." Third, when I earned frequent shopper points at the Duane Reed (drugstore). How can you be feeling lonely when people know your name! That's great and I earned a $5.00 coupon on my next purchase at the Duane Reed.
On my way back from the temple I stopped and picked up a few things at Whole Foods, sat in Central Park and ate part of my baguette, listened to my IPOD, and thought, "look at me living in New York!" Cheers!

4 comments:

merathon said...

hooray! i am the first person to comment on your blog! do i get a prize?

i am so happy to see that you have joined the blogging world and can't wait to read about all your fun adventures! love you!

Megs said...

I am so glad people know who you are. That is so huge and it is amazing how it makes you feel when people remember.

Should you tell Ditto or should I that Paige and I both commented on an earlier post. This is so awkward.

meredith said...

I cried once today. When reading this post. I love you.

It's Been a Day! said...

i cried once today as well. when i realized i was out of treats.