Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Running, but not catching up

I was going to try and recap the whole month that I have been here, but it is impossible, so I will start from tomorrow and maybe then I can stay ahead of the game! Actually, I need to share our weekend travels. We took the train to Boston and spent two days there visiting old friends, old homes, old towns, old memories. And it was great. It is amazing to return to a place and find that friendships have only grown stronger even after a 23 year absence. We drove through Needham and discovered that the ladies are still living in our Oak Street house. The peonies that I planted are still going strong, but they took out the huge hedge in the back. Our Belmont houses on Vincent Avenue and Hurd Road look very similar, just a change in paint color is about all we could detect. Linda's donuts was closed, but we are still carrying around the evidence of our many stops at her place. The ride home down the coast was beautiful and I was reminded once again how much I love New England.

4 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

I can't wait to see pics of the Needham house! What a fun trip you had! I love that you are blogging.

Megs said...

Great blog. Love that you are doing it. Post some pictures soon.

meredith said...

this is the best thing to happen to me today. And I ate two cookies for breakfast!

merathon said...

shoot-- disregard my previous comment. i just realized that i am NOT the first person to comment on your blog. talk about a burst bubble. . .